Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mostly sunny days

This weekend was my favorite thus far. Friday we headed off to the Barbagia region. We risked capture by the barbarians to enjoy an interesting meal with shepherds. The barbarians don’t seem as dangerous compared to the Italian tourists we ran into. That was an interesting cultural experience... I wasn’t expecting anyone to have a positive reaction to Americans, however many of those women were pretty excited about it. While I didn’t personally enjoy suckling pig or rabbit, I definitely enjoyed the cheese and had fun through the meal, from not getting any utensils to the dance party at the end.






I feel as if everywhere we’ve visited has been more beautiful than the past. I loved hiking in the mountain by the hotel and when we came into view of the water on the bus, my mouth literally dropped. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a gorgeous view. I thoroughly enjoyed the day between the views and getting to spend my time on boats and beaches. I’m not normally a big beach person, but getting the view of the mountains paired with different sand (albeit painful sand) and beautiful clear blue water was perfect. I could definitely get used to vigorous sunscreen application if I got to spend my time in the sun in those settings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment